GI BILL® EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
MILITARY AND VETERANS EDUCATION BENEFITS
ICON is proud and honored to support our servicemen and women. We are also committed to assisting with your education and career goals.
We are authorized to accept GI Bill® education assistance for our Los Angeles Music Production program. The GI Bill offers education benefits to Veterans, Servicemembers, Reservists, and eligible family members. ICON is approved to accept GI Bill benefits by the California State Approving Agency for Veterans (CSAAVE).
See our FAQ for more information about the approved GI Bill® programs and eligibility. For more information about the enrollment process, please contact our Admissions Department.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Is ICON approved to accept Veteran Administration (VA) Education Benefits?
Yes. ICON works with all veterans and eligible dependents. We are approved to accept education assistance for our Los Angeles Music Production Program. Some tuition benefits at our institution are:
- Chapter 35-Survivors & Dependents Assistance
- Chapter 33-The Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 31-Vocational Education and Rehabilitation
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John D. Fry Scholarship
- Chapter 30-Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 1606-Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607-Reserve Education Assistance Program
What is the process for veterans applying for admission to ICON?
The admission process is the same for veterans as it is for every other student. It’s best to review the admissions requirement before applying.
Will the VA cover the entire cost of my program?
Every student’s eligibility is unique due to dates of service, dependent status, and prior use of education benefits. The Department of Veteran Affairs has the definitive answer. Call them at 1-888-GIBILL-1 or look at the information available on their website www.benefits.va.gov/gibill. You may also go in person to the Regional VA offices. Find the office closest to you on their website.
How do I find out what education benefits are available to me?
You can discuss your education needs at your nearest VA office. Or, learn what student veteran education benefits are available to you with the GI Bill Comparison Tool.
How do I apply for Military Education Benefits?
Go to the VA/VETS website and apply. You may also apply by mail. Call for an application at 1-888-GIBILL-1(1-888-442-4551). Regional VA offices also have staff that will help you. Find the office closest to you on their website.
I'm a dependent of a veteran. Do I qualify for educational benefits?
Benefits for dependents are unique to the individual and their circumstance. Please contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL-1(1-888-442-4551) or see the information available on their website.
How do I transfer benefits to a dependent attending ICON?
Each situation is different, but the recommended steps are:
- Log on the Department of Defense Transfer Education Benefits website
- Submit the Transferability Application to request transfer of benefits to a dependent.
- Dependent must go to the website and complete the VA Form 22-1990e for Chapter 30 & 33 or form 22-5490 for Chapter 35 DEA.
- The applicant will receive a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility.
- Contact our Admissions Department for more information about the enrollment process.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR
MUSIC PRODUCTION SCHOOL
DEADLINE Mar 4
DEADLINE Jun 3