PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A CAREER IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?
APPLY TO ICON COLLECTIVE.
APPLY ONLINE WITH
Complete the online application and link it to your music sample. (See dates below)
PAY APPLICATION FEE &
$75 covers the cost of processing your application (non-refundable). $500 secures your spot and is applied toward your tuition (refundable).
Within 7 days of receiving your application our admissions department will reach out to schedule your qualifying interview.
START DATES & DEADLINES
- Provide a link to your music
- Submit online application
- Verify identity with official ID
(students must be at least 17 years old)
- Pay $75 application fee
- Pay $500 deposit
(fully refundable, deducted from 1st tuition payment)
- ICON is authorized to enroll non-immigrant Foreign National students and assist eligible international students in obtaining F-1 student visas.
- Complete qualifying interview with our Admissions department
- High School Diploma, GED or High School equivalency
- Complete self-evaluation form
- Complete goals and career path assessment
- Interest-free payment plans are available
- ICON’s Los Angeles program is approved for veteran benefits by the California State Approving Agency for Veterans (CSAAVE).
- ICON does not accept Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Acceptable forms of payment are cash, checks, electronic checks, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Discover
Do I need any previous training in music production?
You don’t need previous training, but we strongly recommend that students have some experience either in music production or in playing a musical instrument.
How good does my music have to be?
We review your music sample to understand your ability and experience. We consider your potential, not just your current skill level. We’re looking for people who are self-driven, creative, and passionate about creating a career in music.
I submitted my application. Now what?
Within 7 days of receiving your application our admissions coordinator will reach out to schedule your qualifying interview. You can do the interview either on Skype or in person. Once you pass the interview, you’ll need to complete a self-evaluation and describe your career path/goals. Within 90 days of the start date, you’ll find out if you’ve been accepted. If not, you can try again after 3-6 months.
I uploaded everything and paid my fees & deposit. Am I guaranteed a spot?
Not necessarily. Space is limited, so we need to award seats based on ability and potential. The interview and the assessments help us see who’s a good fit for the limited spaces.
How hard are the classes?
The immersive program moves at a rapid pace. You’ll be expected to deliver your projects and assignments according to strict deadlines- just like in the real world. You should be comfortable presenting your music to classmates and teachers. Classroom participation requires conversational English and basic math skills. Assignments and projects require a functional level of English reading, writing, and comprehension.
CONTACT ICON FOR MORE INFO
DEADLINE Sep 3
DEADLINE Dec 3